- Use a grape crusher: This is a machine that is specifically designed to crush grapes. It can be electric or manual.
- Use a rolling pin: Place the grapes in a plastic bag and then use a rolling pin to crush them.
- Use your feet: This method is traditional and is still used in some parts of the world. Fill a large container or tub with grapes and then use your feet to crush the grapes.
- Use a potato masher: Place the grapes in a large bowl and use a potato masher to crush them.
- Use a blender: This is not a traditional method, but it can work in a pinch. Just be careful not to puree the grapes completely, as you want to retain some of the grape solids.
Regardless of the method you choose, it is important to sterilize all equipment before use to prevent any contamination of the grape must (juice, skins, and seeds).